Published February 27, 2021
Recipe By: Nina Shirley
Makes: 3 Pints // Total Time: 45 Minutes
3 Pint Mason Jars
3 Lid And Ring Sets
6 Pickling Cucumbers
9 Sprigs Of Fresh Dill
2 Cups Water
2 Cups Vinegar
3 Tbsp Salt
3 Tsp Minced Garlic
3 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. Slice cucumbers into spears.
2. Boil a large pot of water and sanitize mason jars, lids and rings.
3. Boil water, vinegar and salt.
4. Put 3 sprigs of fresh dill, 1/2 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) in jars.
5. Pack jars tightly with cucumber pieces.
6. Once salt is dissolved in boiling vinegar mixture, fill the jars to 1/2 inch from the rim with liquid.
7. Put lids and rings on tightly. Let cool.
8. Refrigerate. Pickles are ready in 48 hours.